Let's see a show of hands. How many of you out there have a particular gun that is very near and dear to your heart? Maybe it's the only one you have. Maybe you have several, but one in particular that shoots very tight groupings at borderline unbelievable distances? Now let me ask you this: what do you transport it in, to and from games? Do you have a case for it? If so, is it a hard or soft case? Or better yet, do you roll up to the field with your old Fender Stratocaster guitar bag that you're now using as a "rifle bag?" If the latter is true, or even if you have an actual rifle bag to transport your gun, maybe it's time to think about protecting your prized possession a little bit better without breaking the bank in the process.
Enter the Plano Gun Guard AW Double-Scoped Rifle/Shotgun Case (Model 108190).
Here's a glam shot or two (notice how the case works the camera).
The interior dimensions are 52" x 13" x 5.25"
You can see I've got a full-size SRC RPK in there with a WE SCAR GBB, Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa and an assortment of magazines. I suppose if I wanted to give it a bit more thought, I could rearrange things in there a bit and be able to fit even more goodies in there. This is, of course, without having to cut out the foam. However, if I were to cut out the foam, rest assured I would take much more care and thought in how I arrange my stuff. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of cutting the foam, the case will still close with your stuff lying on top of the foam, just as it is in the image above.
- The Cost/Benefit Ratio here is favorable to you, the end-user. The Plano AW Double Rifle Case is $129 + Free Shipping @ Pyramyd Air. Compare that to the Pelican or the Storm options and I think you'll find the Plano is a phenomenal value.
- Extremely Sturdy (Like a Boss).
- You can custom fit your guns & gear in the foam.
- Foam is Replaceable in the event you screw up your custom fitting.
- Wheels for those that can't man up and carry their own gear.
- Plenty of space for two guns and a few accessories.
- One Color (Pelican & Storm offer at least one other color)
- Handle placement makes right-side latch somewhat difficult to get to.
- I only have one of these (for now).